13 Aug The “Crafts Neighbourhood” at Beglika Fest
This year you will be able to enjoy and appreciate the work of artisans stemming from old Bulgarian craft schools. We have invited master craftsmen in pottery, Kapana embroidery, pottery painting and students of the Applied Arts School in Troyan. In the “Crafts Neighbourhood” you will see how to sweep, restore and sew a Bulgarian traditional dress; observe bread-baking; cooking of bean and lentil soup on a tripod. You will be able to try single- crochet knitting and drawing faces. In the “Crafts Neighbourhood” you will be able to touch and scrape raw clay to craft something out of it. You will be able to learn how to store seeds, when to sow them and how to arrange a small garden.
Short „Crafts“ programme at Beglika fest 2018:
– “Rodolyubie workshop” – bulgarian traditional attire
– Master clay potter Dessislava – clay pottery
– Painting and drawing on clay plates
– Knitting lessons with Zu
– Kapana embroidery workshop with Tsenka Kuncheva
– How to “dress” our glass bottle
– Bread baking in a furnace, cooking of bean and lentil soup on fire
– How to take care of the seeds with the Green Team
– Land art circles, working with natural materials and decorating of the natural environment
More to be seen from “Crafts” on spot at Beglika fest 2018.